AlgoRHYTHM from Home: Lunar Landing
Thu 15th April 2021 - Thu 15th April 2021
“Calling all passengers, this is the final call for the NASA Artemis flight to the moon. Our arrival time will be the year 2024! Upon arrival, please feel free to browse other intergalactic destinations, as interconnecting flights will be available!”
This workshop uses real life research from scientists currently scoping out the best spot on the moon to build the universe's first (maybe?!) galactic airport.
Strap on your space boots, get ready to lay some solar panels and do a bit of moon walking all from your living room!
THIS IS AN ONLINE EVENT: this event is FREE but you will need to book your ticket in order to receive the zoom link
This session is open and entertaining for all ages!
Get ready for a unique science lesson with LYNNEBEC in their online workshop AlgoRHYTHM From Home. They unlock any science topic using the power of dance, it’s guaranteed to be silly, fun, educational and a great work out.
LYNNEBEC are multidisciplinary performance company, creating ensemble-led participatory work for outdoor or unusual spaces. Our work is underpinned with the joy of movement, humour and connection.
"Great sessions, with great moves to explain the science. Very enjoyable and fun.” Ros, Participant
“Fun energetic safe and a good fitness workout.” Leena, Participant
“I loved it.” Max, Participant
Here's what you will need to know and need to do:
1. A clear space to move. Shoes or bare feet are the best to avoid slipping.
2. A zoom account.
3. Some water and gym/stretchy clothes. It’s going to get sweaty!
4. You don’t even have to have your camera on if you don’t want to! Just make sure that your camera is in a good position to see the workshop.
5. Please be kind to your body. If you have any existing injuries, are pregnant, or have any access requirements, work to your body.
6. This is a safe online space for everyone so please treat everyone with respect as we sure everyone will!
7. To help with safeguarding we ask you not to share the zoom link anywhere online. Your link will be provided via email 24 hours before the event starts.
8. For any issues on the day please email [email protected]
Do you have access requirements:
LYNNEBEC teach in a ‘follow along’ visual style. They describe the dance moves every step of the way. Additionally:
- The workshops have an accompanying script we can send out prior to the session as either a written PDF or audio file, for any d/Deaf participants or participants with visual impairments - please email [email protected] of you require this
- During the sessions we will be using a caption service which transcribes the sessions live!
Filming & Photography
Video recording may be used in these workshops. Small sections of this content will be used to document the process and promote future workshops. We will let you know when we are about to record and there will be an opportunity to turn your video off during the session if you would prefer not to be filmed.
Find out more about LYNNEBEC on social media: