Sensory Theatre and Oily Cart with Tim Webb & Ellie Griffiths: MASTERCLASS
Sun 25th October 2020 - Sun 25th October 2020
Hands-on experience of Oily Cart's pioneering methods including one-to-one theatre and a range of video examples.
Tim was co-founder, artistic director, and CEO of Oily Cart from its beginning in 1981 until he retired in 2018. The company specialises in work for very young children and for young people with severe learning disabilities including autistic spectrum conditions. His productions include work in hydrotherapy pools, on trampolines and collaborations with aerial theatre company, Ockham’s Razor.
Tim has worked as a writer, director and actor at theatres throughout the UK. His scripts have been produced in the UK, at the Leicester Haymarket, the Albany Empire, Contact Theatre, Manchester, by Greenwich, Glasgow and Leeds Theatre-in-Education companies and internationally, by the Carousel Players, Toronto, and the Chicago Children’s Theatre and the Swedish State Theatre.
He is proud to have been mentor on the recent Lincoln Center/ Trusty Sidekick Up and Away production for young autistic people on the autism spectrum and the Tokyo Hospital Theatre Project.
Ellie Griffiths has been the Artistic Director of Oily Cart as its Artistic Director since 2019 after performing in several of its shows. She specialises in making sensory performances for and with young people labelled as having complex needs. She is the lead artist of the Upfront Performance Network that connects and supports sensory artists and practitioners internationally. In 2017, Ellie completed a Winston Churchill Research Fellowship, where she travelled abroad to explore new approaches to making sensory shows for and with audiences with diverse needs.
Our Covid policy
Due to the ongoing pandemic we require all audiences to adhere to the following guidelines at all events in our venue:
- You must wear a face covering for the duration of the event and whilst in our building unless you are exempt
- We require you to sign in via the NHS App QR code OR via our sign in sheet at Box Office
- We will conduct temperature checks on arrival
- Please wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitiser that is available at various points around the venue
- Please DO NOT enter the building if you are feeling unwell or are currently isolating
- Adhere to social distancing
- Drinks will need to be pre-ordered when booking your tickets or via table service on the night